As I've been teaching workshops over the past couple of weekends one thing that has come across loudly is that people feel they can't draw. I know , too, that many have mislaid their creative mojo in the last 18 months. I've been trying to think how I can help people relax and have some distracting fun.
So, to get your creative juices flowing I'm offering you a challenge. As it's the first of November , for the rest of the month I will throw you a theme for the week- you have the week to fill a sketchbook page with little fast drawings of things related to that theme (see mine above).
It is free, fun and fluid! I'm limiting it to the first 15 people who email me as otherwise I may be buried alive under a pile of virtual sketchbooks, but if it goes well I'm happy to repeat next month for another group. At the end of the week just email me a photo of your page.
No one is going to judge you - this is just playing about. Anyone can join in, you don't have to be an artist.
All that you need is :
- a sketchbook
- a black biro to quickly draw whatever you decide to sketch
- something to addd a bit of colour- watercolour, coloured pencils, pen, collage
- commitment - please stick to it- otherwise someone else could have filled the slot :)
- Are you up for the challenge?If so , please email me - [email protected]
- At Wall to Wall Art , 112 Bridge St,Nelson - Weds 10th November- Tuesday 12th December "Go With the Flow" my paintings on Yupo
- 2022 Calendars- available now for posting for Christmas! $26 for the 13 month calendar of my paintings ,includes NZ postage and am happy to quote for overseas post. I can include a gift card with your Christmas message if you'd like me to send them off for you. I also have a range of prints available (A4 size, so easy to post) and my cream calico tote bags with native bird prints - just let me know if you'd like more info.